You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Small updates

Nice

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

Some more progress today. No more brass. It has finally been abolished from coach 312. Does anyone know of a shop that can laminate the front TV door in the phoenix area? I have the formica.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Very nice! If you pull off the TV door and bring it to a cabinet shop they should be able to install the formica. I'm sure you allowed for the thickness of the formica when you cut the door?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Yes, the door is the right or "close enough" thickness once the formica is on. I did call several shops and no one wants to do it. They seek large kitchen renovation jobs and are too busy for my little piece of wood. I bought some pre adhesive coated vertical laminate. The huge box is sitting in my foyer awaiting instructions. Deciding on whether to try doing it myself. Different times I guess as customer service is gone.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Simon, I'm not a cabinet maker, but I've done my own formica work and it's not tough with the proper materials and tools. Probably some good YouTube videos that will be a lot more helpful than me, but I've copied links to the two tools that I needed.

https://smile.amazon.com/Bosch-85269M-Ca...216&sr=8-5 and https://smile.amazon.com/POWERTEC-71010-...216&sr=8-6

Below are pictures of the door that I built to cover the hole where the old TV sat.

[Image: normal_268.jpg]
[Image: normal_269.jpg]

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Wow, You can't just post a teaser pic like that! From the little I see, I love your interior!! I did find a shop today willing to install my supplied laminate for $50! This is the best news I have received in God knows how long! I may have more stuff to give them as I go along. We are rebuilding the back bedroom wall since it had curved mirrored doors to follow the contour of a curved headboard. We like straight lines so I removed the whole rear section to build a replacement with square linear doors and a rectangular headboard.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Simon, thanks for the compliment on my interior. Unfortunately, I never seem to remember to take the before pictures for any of my projects or you could have seen the 12" CRT TV built into the wall that I replaced. You should be adding your pictures to your gallery, there are more interior shots of mine in my gallery.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I had the same TV at the same location on mine. I kept the original TV opening but instead put a piece of plywood set about 3" back to account for the articulating mount. When the TV is pushed against the cabinet, it is completely flush with the bracket hidden in the 3" space. I painted the plywood black to keep it out of sight. It was the first thing I did when I brought the coach home. My wife likes to watch tv and this allowed me to have her company while I did "boring" stuff!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

You've done some very nice work!

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

Rear heaters are installed, TV is done for the most part up front with sound bar and subwoofer placed inside of cabinet. Sounds fine despite being in a closed environment. I will apply the thin grey acoustical felt on the wood this week and tidy up the wiring.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312