You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Head Hunter Alternate

We actually still had the JetPaq pump still in the coach....I am guessing since new.  It went to a low flow condition and would not recover.  Started looking into replacements and read about the problems associated with the Head Hunter i.e. only lasting three years....yikes that is a big hit.  So that started my quest to find something else.  Wanted something without a microprocessor,  AC powered, similar specs. Since the JetPaq had an accumulator built in I wanted to include one in  my replacement.  Found this pump that was close on Amazon, DC HOUSE 42-Series Upgrade 110V AC Water Pressure Pump 5.0GPM 55PSI with Plug Self Priming RV Water Pump 110 Volt, with a four year warranty.  Also picked up a two gallon stainless steel tank with a pre-charged bladder off Ebay....https://www.ebay.com/itm/361337105543.  Built up a cradle to set the pump on and attached it to the tank.  Had many of the fittings and pipe on hand to complete the installation.  The pump was $90 the tank $55 I am guessing fittings $50.....$200 we are up and running.  The noise is similar to the DC pump and runs off the inverter giving us options as needed.

https://www.amazon.com/DC-HOUSE-Upgrade-...427&sr=1-1

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

nice

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Now all w need is a suitable replacement zone circulation pump for aquahots that is crazy expensive!

Smile

Great Find!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Since a life of 3 years for the HeadHunter was mentioned I thought I'd chime in with my experience. My HH is now 10 years old and has been used full timing for several of those years. It has been used with and without an accumulator and works well either way. It is extremely quiet or my hearing is terrible. It does not like it when I don't have water in the fresh water tank :-) YMMV I think I spent $500 for it as a trade-in.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Thank you Tom & Rick. Russ, Since ours is original, a 23 year run is a good deal. I was hoping we had the HH to take advantage of the 1/2 trade in deal. Unfortunately the JetPaq won't work as a core. Best price on the HH has been around $1300. Found a Grundfoss pump with some impressive specs that would work in around the $800 range. As you know these pumps are microprocessor controlled my old pump is stuck in the low flow/low RPM mode I am guessing a function of the circuit board.....hence the desire to have mechanically switching. If this doesn't work out, its easy enough to backtrack me certainly think it's worth a shot:-)

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL