You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Finally Picking up our new to us coach

We finally made it down to Humble TX to pick up our 2018 Newell coach.
Have spent most afternoon learning just about all the outside information.
Just crazy about the coach and super excited to start the drive home tomorrow.
It has been 4 months since I first saw this coach in my hospital bed recovering from covid in October.
Took a while to get everything lined up but like all great things it sometimes takes time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Manuel and Kathy
2018 - P50 - Newell - #1624
CUMMINS ISX 600
2021- Jeep Wrangler -Sahara Unlimited

Congratulations!!! Looking forward to hearing about your experiances.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Yay! Congratulations on a long excited wait!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Congratulations. When you drive it, I bet you will have a grin on a belt sander can't remove! I know I do when I drive ours!

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Congrats Manual. I have sent you an email. Safe travels.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

I remember that coach when it was built. I was at the factory and saw it moving around as they finished it. That paint job is amazing!

Have fun!

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

sweet ride

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

iThank you everyone.
I think the smile is there to stay
We made it home late last night at 10pm
Getting into the new garage was fun - either my lack of experience to drive such a big vehicle or the maybe the pad infront of the garage is still too small.
I opted for the driveway to be slightly expanded- man is coming tomorrow.

We had to stop one time when the tag axle seemed to have been slightly over inflated - with the heat buildup the passenger side went up to 109 psi
Luckily we saw a warning on the dash telling us that that tire was getting too high in pressure.
I stopped and deflated it to 104 and warning went away

So the other thing I would like to ask the group for advice is - some might have read where I described that the day before we flew down to TX to look at the coach the dealership wanted to and did replace a leaking slide seal. Unfortunately the replacement process caused a dent in the paint which lead to the coach having to undergo a paint repair job.

Now I mention it, since approx 60 miles from Houston we were on the cement highway from Houston on our way through Mississippi where the road is really bad. That is where we started hearing this squeaky sound. I asked Kathy to go back and listen and try and see what might be the cause.

She could not pin point it other than it came somewhere from behind the slide ( the same one that was repaired)

She made video and sounded like a bird in there.

When I reported it to the guy who sold me the coach he said maybe they loosed some of the cabinets in the slide and might be that they did not screw them back tight enough…

So I am writing to hear what could make such a squeaky sound that on rough patches it sounds like a bird in there. Would one loosen any cabinets to extract a slide and replace an air seal.

I read somewhere on the forum about pins locking into place- would my 2018 have pins that locks into a hole. Might the pin not getting in the hole maybe be the cause of the squeaky sound?

The slide is perfectly flush on the outside. The slide operated correctly when we left Houston. Observed them closing perfectly at the time.

The drive was great and when we were on smooth black top road the squeaky sound was almost gone.

To add a little bit to the new experience is that night we stopped at I-10 Kampground and opened 3 of the four slides. The slide they did the seal repair and made the squeaky sound did not want to open.

The three we could open closed perfectly in the morning

I havenot yet tried to open all last night and will try tomorrow afternoon.

I will report back on if it maybe now will open or not. Then the squeak will still have to solved.
I have two short (15 sec) videos where one can clearly hear the squeek

Will appreciate all input

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Manuel and Kathy
CUMMINS ISX 600

Beautiful coach!

OY..the dreaded birdie! Hate that! (so does my wife, cuz she's the one who has to figure it out while I drive. LOL)

Not sure when you say "behind" the slide. But, let me point you to a well-known source of squeaks...the slide bearing covers. There is a metal roller wheel that the corian cover slides over as the slide extends/retract. Problem is, under way, those bearing cover housings move a bit, causing the cover to rub back and forth sideways on the roller, and will start to squeak. You can spray silicone under there and hit that roller on the corian which will stop it.

Actually, Newell will remove those rollers, saying they stopped using them because they didn't do much good...and squeaked. ha.

NOW...if that wasn't the cause...then darn. Sorry.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Thank you Steve
I hope and pray it is just that
Will for sure check it out
Really appreciate the advice Steve!!
Will report back as soon as had treated it and driven it.

Manuel and Kathy
CUMMINS ISX 600