You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leak in 120V compressor compartment

Hi there guru’s
I have identified two clear leaks on my coach
Now that i messed with it my compressor is on every 16 min ( before it was every 2 hrs?)
I found this set of DOT brass fittings - would it be worth my while to purchase that and then have an assortment of fittings - or would I end up with many useless one’s never used on Newells?

https://nationalboltkits.com/products/co..._mEALw_wcB

Manuel and Kathy
2018 - P50 - Newell - #1624
CUMMINS ISX 600
2021- Jeep Wrangler -Sahara Unlimited

You are going to end up with a bunch of fittings you will never use, and have less than ten you will need.

Do this instead.
Go to lowes or Home Depot plumbing department. Buy brass plugs in 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 NPT. Ask for help if you need it. Also buy some 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 poly tubing.

Make up a large bracelet of the plugs and short pieces of tubing. Use that bracelet to identify which fittings you need. You can do it by sight if you have the bracelet. Buy extras when you order fittings.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard
I for sure will do that
I was concerned that the box had too many unneeded fittings

Is there a supplier of these DOT fittings that you recommend

Also before one takes a fitting off a line where do one switch what off, to immobolize the compressor while one is replacing a seemingly faulty fitting ? ( in my situation I still have courage to replace the small one in the bay behind the tag wheel - the leak at the drive wheel airbag I think I will leave for Newell to do)

Manuel and Kathy
2018 - P50 - Newell - #1624
CUMMINS ISX 600
2021- Jeep Wrangler -Sahara Unlimited

I use McMaster Carr. https://www.mcmaster.com/compression-tube-fittings/

Turn off all compressors. Then bleed all the air off the system. Easiest way to do that is to use the male/valve/male air hose quick disconnect you made for hooking the coach up to shop air. Plug it in and open the valve.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )