You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tank rinse system re-repair

Rick,

I think that's the same stuff. The package has been changed since I bought several years ago. I'm pretty sure I still have what I got at home and will check when I get home later today. It used to show the plastics it would stick to on the back of the package.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Product Overview
For invisible repairs to difficult-to-bond hard and soft plastics like polyethylene, polypropylene and polytetrafluoroethylene, Loctite Super Glue Plastics Bonding System gets the job done. Loctite Plastics Bonding System is a two-part cyanoacrylate adhesive that sets in seconds, dries transparent, and successfully bonds plastics with no mixing or clamping required. Resistant to water, most chemicals, and even freezing temperatures, Loctite Super Glue Plastics Bonding System delivers truly tremendous strength in just a single drop. Each order includes one 4ml activator for priming and one 2g tube of super glue.
Two-part adhesive bonding system formula includes glue and activator to prime surfaces for a superior bond
Easily fuses hard-to-bond plastics such as polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
Highly-resistant, strong cyanoacrylate adhesive with no required clamping or mixing
Bonding system sets in seconds and instantly dries transparent for invisible repairs
Weatherproof formula resistant to water, most chemicals and common solvents, and freezing temperatures
Convenient double-syringe applicator dispenses equal amounts of each component every time
Handling strength achieved in 20 to 25 minutes
Versatile super glue that can be used in many different applications and will not shrink or crack when drilled

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Sure sounds like it would work. I will let everyone know Smile

Thanks again.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

At work years ago, we had a Loctite product that we used on a solid rubber seal about 3/8" tapering to 1/8" x 2". We square cut the seal and butt glued it with the Loctite adhesive. After the proper cure time two of us tried to pull it apart.......it did not separate at the glue joint, in fact it stretched as if it had never been glued. Having said all this I'd be real interested in your results.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I've always had good results with Loctite products. In fact, I use several varieties on fasteners on my helicopters and it's never let me down.

Fingers crossed!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Rick,

That is what I used on my fresh water tank fitting. The back is slightly different, but the front of the package is the same. I glued a drain fitting on my 120 gal tank. Worked great.

06 M450LXi 3 slide