You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

ZF Suspension-RL-85/E and RL85/A Steerable Tag Diagram/Steering Gearbox 8098

Called Newell, they use Mobil Delvac 1 ATF in the RAS system.  They also loan out their hydraulic charging station!  Said it weighs 60-80# so the shipping would be up there.  I stopped at a hose supply, they said the threads on the hydraulic block are 16mm X 2.0 and to be very careful if using a high pressure pump since it could easily over pressurize the system.  Hydraulic pump on order.  Accumulator order was cancelled by Find it Parts, their source would not ship them since they are pressurized.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

The accumulator I ordered from FinditParts has been cancelled by them and my money returned. Apparently they can not get accumulators.
Not good…

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

Found this document tonight. 

.pdf Centering Cylinder Function.pdf Size: 73.89 KB  Downloads: 3

My gut tells me not to overthink the rear cylinder. 
It is critical that the forward and rear cylinders are synchronized using the gauge tools and that there is no air anywhere in the system. 
Beyond that, one side does the turning, the other is a damper. The accumulator maintains equal pressure in all four chambers when the forward master cylinder is in the straight forward position. In the straight forward position the entire system is in equal pressure.
Axle caster and tires toe-in, help center the axle to go straight forward when the turning is done.  My opinion.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

(9 hours ago)jdkskyking Wrote:  The accumulator I ordered from FinditParts has been cancelled by them and my money returned. Apparently they can not get accumulators.
Not good…
They are available but since they are pressurizes they are Hazmat.  I understand that...  I was told the ones Newell is ordering now are not pre charged and that they will do that.  I have Nitrogen so that is not a factor here.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling