You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Just bought a 2004 Newell Coach

Welcome to the Newell Family, i have a 2004 coach as well  #707 handicap accessible and the previous owner of a 1991 coach # 272. These Guys on her are a wealth of great information and Newell tech support and Service for the last 10 years has been truly the best. Take care and do regular maintenance after getting all the bugs out and bringing the coach up to speed and you will have a lifetime of great travel. Do some short shake down trips to figure all that need replaced and repaired. I have never owned a coach that did not take me a year or two to get all the bugs out new or used. Enjoy!

Robert Austin 2004 model 460 #707 46’ 10”

[attachment=9681]It’s right in front of the drive axle, if the rod on the left not pictured is not vertical or the rubber boot is broken you can zip tie it on to keep the coach at ride height. Also make sure your panel is in travel mode.

Hey Kaptain - I have 2004 #695.

I am new to this and learning quickly (I hope).

1st for you, check the lower left side of the radiator. I just found a little coolant leak there on mine two days ago. It looks like there are some witness marks of some sort on yours, but it may be just dirt in the wind...hopefully.

Radiator grounding (or lack there of) seems to be an issue with these coaches. That is...they need a (or an additional) grounding cable between the radiator and the head. Someone who knows better please correct me if I am wrong.

I also just discovered an airbag leak on my drive axle. Getting info on replacement bags has been a challenge. Morgan at Newell seems to be overwhelmed and not been responsive to requests for information even when we want to order parts overnight. I am working on confirming over-the-counter replacements.

Mine has a lighter interior...I like yours better dammit. Hmm - seems like I need another project...wife will kill me tho

And Robert with #707 - I'd like to hear what you have learned too.

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry