You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

E-Z Steer Not Working - FIXED !!!

E-Z Steer quit today.  Newell says they can reset the software which may or may not be the cure.  Apparently it is a TRW Steering column with an E-Z Steer motor in it.  They said parts are not available and that the entire steering column would have to be replaced.

Does anyone have reference materiel, repair info or anything that may help troubleshoot or repair it?  TRW phone number?  Is it possible that it is the ZF ReAx steering? https://www.trwaftermarket.com/us/produc...-software/

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

The Allison TCM plug is in the middle of a bunch of CanBus connectors so I'm wondering if that could be my problem.

Jim

You are obviously looking for some connection between the recent transmission work and the subsequent steering issue. Classic problem solving approach, what did I touch?

I think you are on the right track !!!!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(06-23-2023, 03:07 PM)Richard Wrote:  You are obviously looking for some connection between the recent transmission work and the subsequent steering issue. Classic problem solving approach, what did I touch?         

I think you are on the right track !!!!

I might kill for a schematic! Confused

Jim

Using the TRW ReAX software through the J1939 connector I was able to connect to the steering wheel and reset the E-Z Steer.  It works again!!!  It had zero codes and apparently just needed to be reset.

https://www.trwaftermarket.com/us/produc...-software/

Jim

Nice job on the fix.  You kept digging and it paid off.  

It's good to know, and I'm surprised the software is out there for our use without having to spend a fortune.

Rob
2016 Newell #1536

(06-24-2023, 07:46 AM)RobSC Wrote:  Nice job on the fix.  You kept digging and it paid off.  

It's good to know, and I'm surprised the software is out there for our use without having to spend a fortune.
Thanks Rob.  Everyone should download it now since they can remove it or charge for it at any time.  Bendix used to give programming out but now its hundreds.

Jim