You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off

i think you coach is just going into travel mode after you have raised it too level it check your ride height when the air is coming out and see if it is high

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

after leveling i turn off the Valid system. the air is coming from the drive axle air bag ride height valve.
the coach doesn't change level. the valve just leaks. if i move the control rod down the air escaping goes lower until it stops. then i tape the rod to the shock and no air leaks from the valve till i replace the rod to the axle. the 120 volt compressor runs a lot till I tape the rod.

I turn off the lever system after it auto levels. I find if I lower all corners after leveling (which I like) the leak is slower.
When I turn the Valid lever system back on it is in leveling mode. I press travel and the coach raises and goes into travel mode.

2006 Newell #760
Cat 625
ZF 12

I made a mistake above, if i move the control rod UP (not down) the air escaping goes lower until it stops. then i tape the rod to the shock and no air leaks from the valve till i replace the rod to the axle.
I turned off all power and batteries to the coach today for 4 hours and the drivers side dropped. I had to relevel.

2006 Newell #760
Cat 625
ZF 12

Moving the control rod up would tell the valve that the coach body was sitting too low on that side and needed more air. Moving the control rod down would tell the valve that the coach body was too high and needed to exhaust some air. There is only one position at which it thinks the body is level and neither needs to take on additional air nor exhaust air. I am not familiar with the Valid height control valves but the HWH height control valves have a plastic body and I have had them develop a crack in the valve body resulting in a MAJOR air leak. I am not surprised with the engine off and the power to the 120 volt air compressor turned off that it would start to sag on that side if there were an air leak in the solenoid, the valve or the air bag. On the HWH system, when you take the leveling system out of level and back into travel mode, the solenoids that take air into the travel height valves are opened up so any leak beyond the travel solenoids would cause the side to droop.

I would look closely at the ride height valve body for a crack.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

at least on the 07 i worked on, the ride height valve was not a valid part, it was the same valve that is on my 02. so i am sure they used whatever valve they had.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Sorry it took so long to finish this thread. it turns out that the ride height control valves where worn. After replacing them the problem went away. it seems the valves worked ok in the normal operating range, but where the coach was on an angle the valve would be out of normal range and the valve would leak.
After replacing the valves the problem went away.

2006 Newell #760
Cat 625
ZF 12