You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1999 41’ Question

https://www.arizonaluxurycoach.com/shop/...-Mid-Entry

I saw this one posted and wondered if anyone had info about its background. I spent the day looking at so many RVs here in the Denver area and while I’m in no hurry, I just can’t bring myself to spend hundreds of thousands on a Newmar, or frankly anything else but a Newell. Im not completely sold on going with a 41’, but this will be my first Class A, so maybe not a bad thing.

I know nothing about that Newell, but you will find nothing but five star reviews for the dealer selling it. Many GURU'S  on this site have used Arizona Luxury. Good luck on finding the perfect coach for you.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Thanks for the information! Great to know I’d be safe going with this dealer. Guess I just need to take some time and consider the implications with going with a 41’ as opposed to a 45’. And while this exterior paint isn’t my first or 10th choice, the coach appears (from the very limited photos) to be in good condition. With some interior updates, I think it could be a good one for the money!

Hmmm, the writeup sounds like this could be the 41' that Tom had. But if so then it has been repainted at least the stripes. I've seen Tom's 41' when he was working on it and was very impressed. Don't know what it went through since he sold it. If you're interested you should talk to Tom.
The 4' difference will be easier to maneuver and allow you to fit in more campsites than a 45'. There also didn't seem to be much difference inside between it and his 45'. Newell took a few inches here and there to shorten it. But you do lose a few feet of basement storage.
Another consideration is the white paint will be MUCH easier to keep cool inside than a dark color.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks, @"folivier" ! I am new to this site so need to become more familiar with names and the regulars. Will try to find Tom and ask him about it! Another question for you gurus: this seems like a fair price, if everything is sorted, but wondered what y’all thought. I suppose there are a few things I’d need to look deeper into, such as the tires, but I do think by changing out the carpet and perhaps changing the gold strip to a more modern color could really make this thing a great coach!

You'll be hard pressed to get much insight on pricing on here as there are just so many variables. The only insight I can give in general is that from everything I gathered over my last two years of shopping was that Steve at AZ Luxury Coach is by all accounts a straight shooter and he also does not even give the seller insight into pricing on their coach until he physically looks at the coach, which I think is smart. I have to think at the end of the day the seller is still the one in control of pricing, but Steve is not going to waste his time on something that is way out of the ballpark.

If this was Tom's coach it would be well worth a look, but don't discount that the current owner needed to keep things up since the time they've owned it so you're not buying Tom's coach, you're buying a coach Tom owned once.

Good luck on your adventure.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Thank you, @360! Excellent point. So many variables. I’ll definitely want to find out what has been going on with this since Tom’s ownership. Hope to know more this week. If it all checks out over the phone, will fly out to Phoenix and give it a look! Thanks all!