You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

12v pumps not pumping

I had drained my water system while doing plumbing work over the winter. Now with the plumbing completed, I put water in the tank (Gravity). I also replaced the o-rings on the pump inlet and outlets with vaseline. No leaks. Is there a trick to getting the pumps to pump? Plumbing system works with city pressure but pumps are dry as seen through clear braided hoses. (Replaced those too) Fuses are not out and switch is on next to microwave. I also have a "Selector" switch that I happen to discover today. What is that one for?!

Thanks guys. I was impressed that I now have a working and leak free toilet, shower and sink.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Turns out pumps are dead. I am getting power to them. Does anyone know what the specs are on the pump pressure cut-off switch? There is no label on mine and it is corroded quite badly even though it still works. I will order new Flo-Jet pumps tonight.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

The selector switch allows you to choose which of the two pumps you are using. That allows you to equalize the use of the two pumps or, in case one dies, switch to the other pump with no effort.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

My pumps were inoperable at one time  due to a poor ground .

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand