You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Televator not working

We popped the breaker on the pole and the coach shut down. We had just arrived at the RV park and I had turned on the heat for the wife, was setting up the coach to spend the night, programming the TV’s for cable, and the wife was starting dinner. In the middle of scanning for channels I heard the breaker pop and everything we out and the televators (Activated Designs) dropped back into the closed position. I went out to reset the breaker and reduced the load as to not pop the breaker again and when I came back in I noticed the TV’s we back on, but the televators were still down. I hit the remote buttons and they would not come back up. Of course I called a knowledgeable source and we through went through what I think is every switch, breaker, fuse, and GFCI. Still not working!!! It seems that since both are not working I am missing something stupid and obvious. Does anyone know what I’m missing or have any ideas?

2009 Newell P2000i
Coach #1283
Show Coach of 2009

Hi Walt,

I reading your post, I picked up on something I missed last night. You say the lift went DOWN after losing power...sooooo...the lift was ACTUALLY WAS WORKING!! So, it rules out the power issue.

I'm still focusing on the remote control relay getting upset. Grab that manual, and see if you can do a reset on the limits to see if you can wake it up. Again, the fact they BOTH went down, indicates the lifts have power and function; it's just that they had a voltage sense that dropped them down.

I have a suspicious that the TV's may even be plugged into the Lift Control box, and when the TV turns off/on (aka voltage drop), the lift will be triggered to go up or down. Those lifts are "dumb" in that they don't know which way is up or down...literally. So, again, the brain may be fooled and bass-akwards...and a reset may give it the needed kick in the pants jumpstart.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

So the fix was to push the reset button on the televator actuator. I was able to access to bottom of the TV’s and push up, then remove the cover, reach down and push the button. I did not have to reprogram, although I did on the first on, but no need, they retained the programming and have worked fine ever since.

Thanks for all your help Steve!!! I learned a lot from speaking with you!!!

2009 Newell P2000i
Coach #1283
Show Coach of 2009