You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Toilet Issue

So I have the air operated toilet. It spits at me from time to time when I actuate the flush lever. 

It is not consistent, it tends to happen when the tank is mostly full or empty, but that is not consistent.  

Is it a random blockage of the vent? Is it something in the actuator system. 

My leaning is to the tank having an internal pressure, except that I just flushed 3 times and it spit all three times. The interval was flushing as soon as the bowl was full (the water stopped flowing into the bowl) 

Thoughts?

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

sounds like the sequence is off
what toilet is it?
what is spiting at you? water coming in the drain flapper?

2006 Newell #760
Cat 625
ZF 12

The sequencing valve needs servicing. Lube the o-rings with silicone grease. Ensure they're in good shape. Don't adjust anything until you've serviced it and tried it afterwards. It's just slightly sticking when you flush.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Air piston assy can cause this if it is the flapper closing too fast.

1995 # 390

It is the Microphor air operated toilet.

I did read a bunch of the threads about the Microphor toilets. I didn't see any mention of my specific issue.

What is spitting at me, the liquid in the bowl. And it happens when the flapper flips open. Almost like the holding tank is pressurized.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm looking for my manual now.

1998 Coach 484
Cheers.  

It’s not the holding tank that’s pressurized, it’s the secondary toilet bowl that’s pressurized. When you flush, the flapper opens, waste drops into the secondary bowl, the flap closes and the secondary gets pressurized. The waste is forced along the outlet to the black tank. If the flapper is ever so slightly slow in closing, pressurizing the secondary tank starts before it’s sealed. Instant bidet!

Since it works properly sometimes, everything is adjusted fine, things just need to be lubricated to properly function. The primary problem is the sequencing valve hanging. If your valve has a narrowed waist, you have the old style. They do break. The new version is a straight cylinder. The guts mostly swap across, iirc.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Arcticdude. I wholly agree.

Now to fit my paws in the space provided.

1998 Coach 484
Cheers.  

This is my opinion, not to be read as anything but an opinion. But I arrived at this opinion the hard way while camping in the hinterlands of Montana.

I think a spare sequencing valve is one of the critical spare parts that we should all have on board. Yeah, they are pricey, but it’s a cheap protection against having the potty disabled.

As my luck would have it, we had guests in the coach with us, and BOTH potties’ sequencing valves went nuts in a 24 hour span. One cracked, and the other would not properly work with any of the new o rings I had to rebuild it.

One word of caution, on the old style sequencing valves, is that removing the cap on the sequencing valve can aid in removal in the tight space. However, DO NOT remove that cap without relieving both the water and air pressure. Otherwise, you will be taking a shower as soon as the cap is unscrewed. Don’t ask how I learned this.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard I have been pondering this all morning.

Do I attempt to service the existing valve with nothing on hand save some silicone lube, or do I order a parts kit, or a replacement valve and parts kit.

Now you have me considering buying two valves and a service kit.

Now it's off to find parts seller.

1998 Coach 484
Cheers.  

https://mullaney-associates.com/

Of course everyone is different, we live in our coach six months of the year, and travel continuously during that time. I replaced both valves with new, and rebuilt an old one to have a ready to install spare.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )