You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

LVP flooring pulling apart

This is a new development. I have noticed the butt joints are pulling apart and cracking the edges. The flooring has been glued down. I chose this material as it was supposed to be a bit more stable over wood laminate. Any ideas? So frustrated. This was on the upper end of the quality/cost of materials.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Ouch, that looks like the top section, ink jet printed, of the tile is wanting to pull away from the substrate. I wouldn't guess given the interlock on the substrate that the entire tile is lifting. I base my guess on the curled edge. But I don't know how the end interlock is constructed.

Could this be a heat related issue, given the AZ location and the recent AirCon challenges?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I know that the installer had done a phenomenal job on the cuts around the cabinets and now there are gaps where there weren't any. It's been a nice winter with temps in the high 70's but the interior would get up to the high 90's so it may have been working its way then. The pulling seems to have recently developed. I don't think there is a fix other than to remove it all and go back to wood flooring. I thought the LVP would be more stable over wood. I was wrong. Wife doesn't want me to spend any money on this but its not acceptable to me. Most of it will not be covered by the runner rugs. Disappointed.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Only Patcraft planks are stable- like engineered wood is. FYI

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]

Ernie, I should have asked you first but only found out you did flooring after mine went down.
This was the more expensive stuff at Floor & Decor. I don't remember the name but it was a blue box and stated it was lifetime and waterproof and.... So as a consumer I went by that.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Installation in a coach has a different outcome than a home. As far as I know, no flooring manufacturer makes flooring for our motor coaches. We just adapt.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]

Did you contact the manufacturer? Maybe not tell them it's in a motorhome at first but just show them a picture and see what they say?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I went to a small privately owned flooring shop recommended by one of my contractors. They were amazing and helpful after I showed them pictures of my situation. They have a product line from Republic flooring called SPC Max that is a LVP but made with stone powder and plastic resins. It is designed to never shift, not need any acclimation and most importantly is designed to handle 159º temperatures. There is a UV coating on the top layer as well. It is used here for people who use their homes for vacations or cabins where they do not leave climate control operating when they leave for the season. It has been installed in conversion vans and has not had any issues in the two years they've been installing it living under the AZ sun. They gave me an installer that would do the job. Regarding my existing floor, there is no warranty when not installed in a typical home and it had been glued down which they do not cover.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Simon, sorry that you've had issues with your flooring. If it's any consolation you've saved me from making the same mistake.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Ripped out the old (new) and in with the new in two and a half days. I could not find anyone to remove/install this so I went on my own. I am happy with the fit and finish. More assembly to be done with the rest but the backbreaking work is behind me now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312