You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach is not level when using autolevel

This is a tale, but true. I thought it might bring a smile to the married guys on the forum.

We were driving across New Mexico one year, and my cell phone rang. Rhonda answered for me, and it was some Newell owner I had never heard of, but he had my phone number. Ok, no problem, I think. 

He is trying to describe an issue he is having with the leveling system on his coach, and frankly between me trying to drive and him providing a lot of information that is not relevant, I really don’t understand what he is describing. After some back and forth, I figure out he is using the autolevel feature, and seems to be saying the coach is not level after the control unit finishes. 

Ok, I think. Next round of questions is to figure out if the problem is simply a calibration of the sensor or some deeper issue, so I ask “how do you know it’s not level?, are the yellow lights on?, are you using a level on the counter?, do you have a bubble level on your phone? How do you know it’s not level?”  Those who know me recognize the “In God we trust, everybody else bring data” approach. 

His answer, “My wife says it’s not level”. 

Well then, it’s not level, let’s move on to why………………

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Precisely!!!!  Smile

Paul and Angi
Addie and Scout (our GSP pups)
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

Smart man.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

That's funny!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

When mama ain’t happy… ain’t nobody happy!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Now that's funny...
When she's happy, we have a chance to be happy! No guarantees...

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile