You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Shop Air

Paul,
My 120v compressor dumps water into a separate container much like a radiator overflow on old cars. There is a spitter valve that is NO when the compressor shuts off. This drains the water from the bowl into the overflow container. There is no need for draining the air for me. Your coach is a bit newer and may have another setup.
Someone of your vintage may have a better answer.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Found this on FB

I have the Valid system, it purges automatically.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

Thank y’all for the info. I have the Valid set-up so I guess it self purges. I’ll keep an eye on it in the coming days.

Paul

Paul and Angi
Addie and Scout (our GSP pups)
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

Quick question back on the shop air connection:

I have one air coupler in the right side engine bay by the batteries that has a ball valve and a doubler.
I have a second couple in the smaller compartment between the engine bay and the tag wheel.

If I connect to this coupler in the smaller compartment there is no air.

What is this coupling used for? Am I not seeing a valve for it somewhere?

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

Hmmmmm havent seen that one but no two Newells are alike.

Do you have a second coupler in the passenger engine bay in the lower left corner?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Only the one in the engine bay.

Could the other have a check valve to only let air in from an external compressor?

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

Anything is possible. You won’t know until you try.

Also poke around to see if a shutoff valve is in that line.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

2005 #744 ZF Suspension/Active Steer Tag 

I have my coach connected to my shop air. 

Here’s how I have it set up using the connections installed by Newell. 

The green hose has a swivel connector that allows the engine bay door to close. The engine bay door also has an area on the bottom of the hinge side that allows the supply hose to enter the bay. 

The large brass air connector forward of the one in use is connected to the outflow of the air doubler. I have used that connector to service the coach tires. 

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

Assuming a 40 micron air filter will suffice for shop air?

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

I leave 712 in Tampa for the winter, and fly back and forth from Canada for the races at Daytona. The compartment in front of the tag has some of the controls for the slide seals, by putting a check valve on the air coming in to the slide controls and another check valve between the air tank and the Boide door, by putting air into the slide control and Boide door I am able to leave the coach with air only going to the slide seals and door, reducing the odds of a air leak deflating the seals. Have monitors on air pressure and batteries that emails me if something fails, I crib the coach in 3 places so the frame won't flex. Maybe someone has done something similar.

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8