You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1998 Mid entry door

For those of you out there with exterior doors PRIOR to the Bode air doors…..
Now that we’re finally getting some decent weather in the Midwest we would love to use our retractable screen door and get even more airflow, but I can’t figure out how to get the door to stay open.  Our Newmar had a built in lock open mechanism in the door and we had a previous coach that had a flip up metal bar that clicked into a piece attached to the exterior of the coach. Are we missing something? We can’t seem to see any way to secure the door in the open position.  Thanks!    Huh

Fran & Cherie 
1998 Newell 45L-102 #497

Yes, surprised you don’t have a small flip out latch. On a quad slide there is no latch, but on 0-3 slides I would think there would be one?

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Thanks, Brad!! I feel a little dumb now….but in my defense they had it painted so well I didn’t even know it was there until now!    

Fran & Cherie 
1998 Newell 45L-102 #497

I know the feeling ?. I miss those latches as I have a manual door quad with no latch. Not sure if they didn’t think about it at the time or what. Should have done a door that hinges on the left. I’m tempted to have them put a latch on and then just leave the slide in on a nice day when I want a screen door open.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO