You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Battery Panel w/Breakers & Disconnect Diagram

Hoping this will help ya'll when the need arises to understand exactly how the Newell's House batteries are connected to the coach. And, while the newer coaches have a slightly different inverter breaker layout, the general principles are the same.

In our case, we have a 2015. So for the teenagers out there, you've got 2 breakers for the inverters, which supply 110/220v. Below them, notice the red rotary disconnect switch; this is a MASTER DISCONNECT for the Negative (Ground) which will also kill the inverters.  This is very important to understand any time you need to shut one or the other systems down. Remember that this is completely independent from the Chassis batteries & disconnect.

Also, another key point is Newell has made safety choice of having that 12-volt switch DISCONNECT THE GROUND (NEGATIVE). There is as much controversy on that topic as there is Chevy vs. Ford or Bud vs. Coors! However, from a firefighting and emergency response POV I can understand and support the reasoning. We ALWAYS attempt to disconnect the ground/negative from the chassis FIRST. This removes the chances for arcing/shorts from incidental contact with the postive side.

Since there are no pre-existing diagrams to illustrate what goes on behind that shiney panel, I made my own to share. Hope this helps you!

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA