You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Merging Inverter and House Batteries

(06-27-2022, 09:18 AM)orbit1957 Wrote:  Yes I have a total of three disconnects. One in engine compartment and the other two switches in question located in the 6 pack battery bay. Three batteries are wired for inverter and three for the house with dedicated disconnects on the ground leg. I have confirmed that the two circuits inverter/house are isolated from each other. Sequencing the two disconnects by leaving one on and the other one off and vise versa. It is logical that what Richard says makes sense. My thinking it would also be useful to have the capability to merge the inverter/house batts especially if one or the other becomes depleted.

Did you measure the voltage on the top three, and the bottom three batteries in the house bay?
You’ll mostly likely find their voltages are the exactly the same. At least this is the situation with my coach 701. My 701 is only 3 digits apart from your 698, so I would guess the wirings on my 701 is very similar to what you have on your 698.
It initially appeared to me 6 batteries in the house bay are 2 groups of 3 parallelly connected batteries. But after further checking and measuring the voltage, they are one single group of 6 batteries in parallel.

Below is the picture of the switches on my 701 in the house battery bay.

One controls the ground wire to the inverter/charger. The order switch controls ground connection to accessories inside the coach such as internal lights, etc.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control