You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aux Air tank part numbers

I found a pin hole leak in my front air tank. Has anyone sourced these or have so good leads. They are a brisk MFG air tank. The coach is 1987 40ft. I’m sure Newell used these tanks in multiple years. It’s approximately 9.5” diameter x 28”. Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

I replaced mine with this air tank.....................................................they also have other sizes.

https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-2-5-Gallon-...149&sr=8-3

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

You will have two of them. One for the primary and one for secondary air braking. You might want to replace BOTH of them if one has a hole.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks for the replies. It is obvious that there is no exact replacement. I have found a little longer tank with the 9.5” diameter. I will post my findings for future reference.

Peterbilt 379 used a tank 08-02347 or 127.2347.

I’m going with a Newstar number  (S-25075). Looks like Vander Haag’s has them (SS S-25075)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

Does anyone replace with aluminum tanks? Seems like they wouldn't be prone to rust, so is there another pitfall?

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

I think aluminum would corrode just the same with standing water inside. Aluminum tends to disintegrate into a powdery form. If steel lasted as long as it did, keep it the same. Also I am not sure how Aluminum would react to constant flexing from pressure differentials exhibited in this application. Just my thinking.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I agree with BusNit. Aluminum will also crack from pressure changes. Aluminum SCUBA tanks weigh nearly the same as steel tanks due to the extra thickness required and are prone to cracking.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Ok - what about stainless…aside from the expense?

Seems like steel is the obvious go-to for good reason. Tank should be dry inside anyway.

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry