You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Separating exterior panel
Photo 

Howdy all and Happy 4th!
We are looking for any info or experience that anyone can please share about coach #463
it needs quite a bit to bring it back to its original glory but the main concern I have is there seems to be exterior body panel frame separation at the lower corner of the rear slide. the seller said that several rivets popped which I am concerned about as i did not think this coach had a riveted exterior. Has anyone actually seen this coach? Any info would be greatly appreciated 

Arch Jones
Williamsburg VA
Hopeful new owners of 97 Newell #463

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

http://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=79

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you Richard, I am reviewing the thread(s) you sent. I also recall seeing some mention of this particular recently but cannot seem to find it again. Hoping whomever posted will see this and provide additional info. thanks again and hope you have a great weekend

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463

Here is an old thread.

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=4489

I’m not positive, but I think this coach was sitting with the coach Rick Miller bought last year as the owner had two project coaches and died. If that was the one I’m thinking about he may have some additional info as well.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Thank you Brad, it might be same one, but the current owner says he bought it spring '20 and Newell last did a service on it about 10 years ago at 113k miles. I have not checked yet DDEC to confirm hours/miles but if this is not the coach in the old threads you shared it seems to have sat quite a but in the last 10 years. For me thats not a deal breaker, neither is 260k/miles if it's the same one, thats more of an eyes wide open thing, if the seller is being upfront and honest.
As I stated, it still needs quite a bit of work and from what I've seen so far the my biggest concern is the side wall separation as that is beyond my scope of understanding. This is why I post the question here, Is this common and not real big deal to fix, or a big labor intensive fix

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463

Newell was repairing the issue gratis, you might want to discuss with them.

It is common, several have been fixed at my house. It takes less than a day.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you Richard

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463