You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Interior Doors - emergency opening

Hi All,
I remember seeing somewhere that there are hidden emergency releases for the interior doors in case the buttons don't work.  
Can anyone share where I'd find out about this?  I have a 2004 with a door to the rear bath and one mid-ship to the bedroom.
Thanks!

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

I am not aware of an emergency release.

However, the doors are magnetically coupled to the sliding mechanism. It is one strong magnet, but it can be broken loose so that the door will open.

Try demonstrating this to yourself, by placing a couple of thick books in the door frame, at the top, and closing the door. That should break it loose. You can slide it back into the place and the magnets will reattach.

That being said, I don’t think a normal human could force it open. If you are concerned about getting trapped in an emergency egress situation, you might want to think about keeping a large screwdriver or pry bar in the bedroom.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Ahh - good advice. Thanks!

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

I don"t think the doors were magnetically coupled in 04, I could not release mine, I undid the black air line on the valve to the bathroom toilet for the air pressure too bleed off then opened the door

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8