You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

DDEC Alert/Check Engine Light

This past week while driving back from Oklahoma, I had an alert come on the DDEC monitor "fuel temp circuit high" and check engine yellow light flash on. This was intermittent and all gauges looked fine, oil, coolant, etc. It was over 100 degrees outside and I had been driving at 60+ mph for around five hrs before it started. When the coach starts out in the morning, it takes about an hour before coming on again. I called Newell and was told it is probably a faulty sensor and as long as the coach was operating normally there was nothing to worry about for the remaining drive but to change it out or find a Detroit service center to do it. I believe it is located at the bottom of the Davco fuel filter. There are two sensors there, I believe one is the temp and the other a heater element, not sure. I have tried to research this online but not having much luck. Has anyone replaced the the fuel temp sensor, if so any details.
Thanks
Dario Perini
Coach #581, 2001 45'8"

Dario,
Check this out...http://www.detroitdieselengines.info/series-60/fuel-system/series-60-fuel-temperature-sensor.html.

Wondering out loud and given what this excerpt stated about fuel temp is used to calculate fuel mileage.  Did you see your fuel mileage change?

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks Steve, I did not see any change in mileage, but that could be a result of my slowing down as a precaution.

Dario Perini