You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Airbags for give-away

Gurus,

I have 5 used Goodyear airbags that came off 653 (2003) and could use new homes.  They are all in reasonably good condition.   Note that Firestone bags seem to work better on Newells....so think of these as emergency spares.   

3 x 1R11.066
2 x 1R11.080

According to this post, the 1R11.066 are drive bags.
I am almost positive that the 1R11.080 are tag bags.

I am happy to send for just the cost of shipping.  Send me a private message with your contact information if interested.

Cheers,
bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

The tag bags have been claimed.

Drive bags are still available.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,
I'd like the drive bags if they are still available.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Hank,

You are first in line for the drive bags. Did you get the part of the differences between Goodyear and Firestone? Did you want all three? (It would be best to replace pairs at a time if possible).

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,
I did see Firestone seem to be better than Goodyear for our coaches. As spares these are better than nothing or a sharp stick in the eye.
All 3 would be good. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

All the bags are now spoken for.

There are lots of threads on here regarding the Goodyear / Firestone issue. Newell has supplied both at various times as far as I know. Some folks have never had trouble with the Goodyear bags. Other folks (including me) had lots of issues with the bags not holding air when parked. Your mileage may vary.

My advice is to specify Firestone if you are gonna replace bags. If you cant find Firestone bags then Goodyears are better than nothing.

Also… Having a couple of spares (tag and drive) is never a bad idea. A random piece of road debris will ruin your trip if you dont have a spare bag.

For what its worth.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

FYI…I believe Newell just got in a batch of Firestone drive bags.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO