You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear tv access #596

Trying to access the plugs on the rear tv. It looks like original (Fujitsu) Treid to remove panel around the tv by pulling on it but it is pretty stuck.
Any ideas ?
Thanks as usual
David

Rolleyes David Augspurger #596 2001

Pictures might help.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Here are some pics. Really not much to see, just a panel covered in leather around the tv. I pulled pretty hard on it. Thought it might be velcroed or double sided tape but no luck.

Attached Files
.pdf Newell TV 2.pdf Size: 15 MB  Downloads: 28
.pdf newell tv 1.pdf Size: 16.01 MB  Downloads: 20
.pdf Newell TV 3.pdf Size: 15.72 MB  Downloads: 18

David, My coach does not have that style of valance but I'll offer a couple ideas. Is the TV on an arm that might extend? Did you try to remove the vertical wood trim on either side of the panel? I'm thinking they might be held in place with clips. Once removed you could access the panel fasteners.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

If they are attached like some other valences, look to see if there some screws or other trim piece hiding screws at the bottom. If you can remove them, the valence will swing out from the bottom, and slide out of the groove on top.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Got it figured out. There are some trim pieces in the windows under the black carpet . I removed them and then the screws to remove the cover were under the trim .
The old Fujitsu tv must weigh 100 pounds. Got the new Roku tv installed and with my MOFI4500 router I am watching tv. Thanks to Richard for all the help as always.

David

David,
"There are some trim pieces in the windows under the black carpet."
That statement is going to help me in the future. I'm not working on anything around the windows at this time. I've looked around the windows and didn't have my x-ray specs on to see the trim pieces.
Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

the covered piece around the windows is held on by 2 or 3 screws on each side under or just through the black carpet. you can find them with a flashlight or feeling with a screwdriver. then that entire window covering comes out (then you can disconnect the wires that are on the switches)

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH