You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Facebook - Newell VIP Group

Thanks, that's a good direction to go I think

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

The guys are right. Fakebook is for socializing. But…I will say, for immediate help, it’s proven to be valuable due to the fact that it provides notifications and thread following alerts.

The VIP Group is admin’d by the Newell Staff and is ONLY for Newell owners. They’ve missed requests and I’ve helped with that. You might retract and resubmit your request again.

The other group is open to ANYONE who requests to join. It’s admin is a single Newell owner, NOT officially Newell. While giving more exposure to non-Newell owners, this also comes at a price. I’ll leave it at that.

This is the best resource, especially for the technical, and older coach subjects and issues.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Thanks Steve, I resubmitted the request. There should be very little differences between our coaches, I would assume.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

This is my unasked for opinion. It is absolutely accurate that the NG forum has a wealth of info on 80 through about 2004 coaches, and almost nothing in comparison for later years.

The NG forum just has not had many contributors for the latter year coaches. I can speculate, but until the forum gets hands on owners willing to post the problem, what they did, and where they found the part, then the NG forum will not be a valuable resource to the latter years.

That being said we have had more info in the last year relative to these year coaches than ever before thanks very much to owners like Jim and Steve. If the forum is going to serve future owners, we NEED more contributions like yours.

Lastly, as Michael has said, it is hard sometimes to make clear distinctions in time or serial number of when Newell effected a given change. So it’s hard to make clear cuts in subject categories for the admins.

That being said, there are two things that we all can do that will help us help ourselves. One, post new threads on a topic when appropriate, use terms in the title that will clearly identify the problem in a search, and stop dogpiling or diluting threads with somewhat related topics. The second thing is to conduct more refined searches. For example, a search on engine oil filter and a search on caterpillar AND engine AND oil AND filter give very very different results.

I don’t mean this to sound condescending in any way. Different individuals over the years have put tons of work into creating a space and content to help support the Newell owners. I personally would love to see that continue with the next generation of owners and later year coaches. I grasp the concept of aging out and the forum needs new blood to survive.

Please contribute. Tom and Scott provide the platform free of advertisements and clutter. The rest of us provide the content.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard is spot on. in order for there to be content to be shared, there has to be content. it is great to see that we have newer and newer coach owners contributing and that is the only way we will have enough technical content to share.

i have added two subforums to start to make it a little easier. in the forum about slides, i created a subforum called Valid. and in the forum about suspension i created a subforum called ZF Suspension. as other categories make sense i can create them as well.

i am not trying to compete with the facebook forums. i think there are several of them. they serve their own social purpose. i do not frequent them very often.

i will say that in my visit to miami this summer that the service advisors were very thankful and complimentary of the role that newellgurus plays in helping them. i visit with karl blade once in a while and he is happy with how we are helping as well.

i am also grateful for the gurus who are involved with moderating and helping with the forum. not many of us, but without them scott and i would not have been able to do it on our own.

i have never asked for funding for the forum or added the capability of having ads generate a little bit of revenue. nor will i. i have self funded it since it started in 2012 in hosting and domain names (we have a number of newellguru name variations covered). i have been approached several times to sell the forum to a much larger and more sophisticated multiforum owner who would monetize gurus. i have not been tempted nor are i planning on doing so. monetizing it means ads. and lots of them. when people ask to contribute i politely and thankfully decline. i do not want any contributions and i will not accept them.

so when people need answers to a problem.......the only way you will find them on newellgurus is if we solve them together by group participation or if you have figured out the answer on your own to post your solutions for others to learn from.

a few other comments. the moderators and i will moderate ONLY when things get foul in any way or nasty in any way. or if there is an occasional spammer that gets through (have had only a few spammers in 10 years). in those rare circumstances we will close the thread and or delete the post. no cussing in any way (and i think we are one of the cleanest G rated forums ever!). the few times one has slipped in you will see one of us moderate the word to something more tame....ha

the friends that darlene and i have made from creating and keeping newellgurus going have been beyond any dream we had when we started it in 2012. friends helping friends is what darlene came up with and it couldnt be more true.

so in a nutshell....thanks to all of you for your past and i hope future contributions of content and friendship to newellgurus.

any of you have a place to stay and hook up at our place in arizona if you ever go through.

and btw, the scott that richard referred to is our son scott. who does all the real server kinda of stuff and set it up originally (i did the formatting so you can blame me for that). in 2012 was a single young guy just out of college with an EE degree and now is a Major in the USAF with a beautiful wife and 2 incredible young children (our number 3 and 4 grandkids.)

enough of me rambling on, but i wanted to chime in on what richard said with thoughts that have been on my mind for some time

tom mccloud
[email protected]

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH