You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Series 60 Dead on road side, FIXED

Yes..especially since 8-v92s are getting old I’m wondering if I should put an ecm in my spare parts box.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I did not mention how much I paid for the ECM or to have it programmed, since it is not good policy to disclose ransom amounts.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

If you don't have a set of these safety reflective triangles like the truckers use you should get some!
https://www.amazon.com/CARTMAN-Warning-T...699&sr=8-5

Richard I have a set for you.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I was shocked when @"BusNit" wrote; "Previous owner had the ECU replaced a couple of months prior to my purchase. On the W.W. Williams invoice it shows the ECU as a DDEC IV. It shows pre 98 series 60 programing. How can I tell if that is the case? They paid $4600+ for the ECU swap and programming."

I found a site that sells them for $1,395, remanufactured with programming included. $600 core charge if you just want a spare. Detroit Diesel ECM, LLC

After I bought an ECM programmer for my Cummins engine, I searched the internet for tips and tricks to get better mileage. I found a forum consisting mainly of class 8 truck owner/operators geared towards the Cummins ISX, but including others too. Better fuel mileage

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I would consider a spare ECU but who or where can I get it programmed at a "normal" cost? Richard, you are amazing in finding the broken pickup tube. That's a unicorn as you said. Although I can do many fixes, I am doubtful I would have found or been able to fix the ECU on the side of the road let alone figuring out the fuel issue. Thats freaking amazing. My wife is golden with emergencies. Always patient and tells me not to worry this is an adventure. She would be looking forward to finding a B&B along the way! So besides the fatigue of the pickup tube failing from ever sloshing fuel over the years, what the heck would cause an ECU to fail???

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

@"BusNit" Detroit Diesel ECM, LLC

"In order for us to determine your correct ECM part number and application we will need your engine serial number. The engine serial number is 10 digits, is located on the cylinder head and looks like this example for a 06R0xxxxxx and for 6V92 – 06VFxxxxxx

Price includes a programming with the exchange of the core. If there is no core for exchange, there will be an additional charge of $600.00 added to price. All re-manufactured ECM’s come with a 1 year replacement warranty."

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Holy crap…amazing work as usual.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

great job

That was determination. I know I wouldn't have slept well with the rig out on the highway. Cathy and I were on that very stretch of road on July 4th this year. Your problem solving skills are amazing.

Doug and Cathy Musick
Coach 370
1994, 45', non-slide
DD60, Allison 741

Richard and Rhonda
We are sorry for the challenging time you guys had to go through
But we truly love the way you describe all your experiences and challenges.
Love the humor and positive outlook, the can do attitude!
Very glad to read that all turned out well at the end.

Manuel and Kathy
2018 - P50 - Newell - #1624
CUMMINS ISX 600
2021- Jeep Wrangler -Sahara Unlimited