You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

NEWELL 2004 (LATE MODEL) REAR ACTIVE STEERING TAG AXLE OPTION.

(10-06-2022, 09:24 PM)SouthernDevGirl Wrote:  
(10-06-2022, 07:18 PM)kaptain Wrote:  Still on RVTrader for $210K
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2004-Ne...5022854429

Watching the ads, I often get the feeling that people who can afford Newells (new or fairly new), are often the same type of people that can't be bothered to sell them.

It seems that for these people, they would be far better-off either selling through a dealer-consignment or reducing the price to the point it "sells itself".

Joe, quick question -- did you ever replace the airbags and if so, did you get a more realistic estimate of shop-time?

I have had all my eight (8) airbags replaced by a shop in two (2) separate but consecutive repairs.  I don't remember exactly how many hours total for the first repair, but the bill was north of $4K with my supplied hardware (airbags, valid leveling controller and leveling sensor, etc). The shop billed labor $175/hour for the 1st repair work.
For the 2nd repair, the shop spent 58.8 hours, replacing the remaining 6 airbags, etc. After some discussion/negotiation, they reduced the rate to $125 (instead of the normal $175) for the 2nd bill. So the 2nd bill was a little north of $7K. The shop manager said they indeed spent that amount of time, so they had to bill that amount of hours. It was explained to me they had several difficulties, mainly they had spent time restoring several air lines, and re-install drive shaft because the towing company had cut lines and removed the drive shaft, not easy to figure out airlines due to lack of documentation and support from Newell, and all air lines are all in the black color, not like other RVs, colored air lines.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control