You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Headhunter capacitor

The motor is hard starting. A start capacitor will help. I would try the HH capacitor next.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Where is the capacitor located and what does it look like?

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

HH had dig to find it, but were finally able to direct me to the back of the pump near the wall on the outside of the pump in a recessed open slot. Now getting ready to test for 30 micro farrads.

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

A brief followup: The micro farrads test went all over the place and HH thought a new capacitor was in order. So, put it in today and breaker tripped immediately. Then I tried another brain board with the same result. I'm beginning to think it may require a major overhaul. Any less drastic ideas out there?
Thanks guys!

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

Have you plugged it into a different power source?

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Tony,

You stated when the circuit was disconnected, the breaker did not trip. This rules out a problem with the wiring going to the pump.

You did not report resistance readings between the hot and neutral wires on the pump. You did say the motor turns freely when the shaft is turned manually. This sort of rules out frozen bearings.

I suspect shorted windings in the motor. This would be confirmed with the resistance between hot and neutral AND between hot and ground.

I have no idea if the motor is removable and if it is, rebuildable.

There are some Grundfos booster pumps that fit in the same footprint. They work best if you also add a small accumulator tank. They are half the cost of the Headhunter.

I also believe @"Latitude 28" has implemented a cost effective solution to the HH.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )