You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Flooring

During the production tour, we were able to watch as their flooring guy was getting prepared to lay a rear bath granite floor in a new coach. On the floor of his shop he had a full size template of the rear bath for the coach the floor would eventually be installed in. He was assembling the floor, minus grouting, over the template exactly as it will be in the coach. Once he is finished assembling the floor over the template, he will install it in the coach at night after the other production crew has left. This is done so that the floor has time to dry, without losing any production time. Simply amazing how almost 50 years has tuned things so finely!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

wonder if that will have radiant heat?

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Ernie,
I don't know whether that coach did or not. I don't see as much radiant floor heat advertised lately as much as I did during the early to mid 2000s in Newells. Radiant heat was something I wanted in my coach, but after living with the AquaHot and experiencing how well Newells are insulated, it is now a non issue for me. The tile floors in my Country Coach were cold, not so in the Newell.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531