You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello from NW Arkansas

My wife and I retired a few years back and travelled the USA and part of Canada in our 24' airstream interstate, we have put 55k miles on it in 6 years and its been a lot of fun and easy to just get in and go. We have decided to spend 3 months in a warmer climate but the 24' RV is a little to crowded for that amount of time so we have been RV shopping. Newell in Miami is just 50 miles as the bird fly's and we have always admired their coaches and quality so we are shopping for a Newell. 
I'm a gear head at heart and a retired electronic tech so challenges are so of fun for me.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Welcome Jack from a fellow Gearhead! I’ve always liked the Interstate.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Welcome from another Gearhead! Newells are some of the best coaches in existence. These are built to last a lifetime if properly looked after regardless of year

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Thank you! We are heading to MI to check out this Newell at auction. If anyone has any info about it please share with us.

https://bid.repocast.com/lots/4559746#YX...Zbd2lkXT0y

Gravette, Arkansas

Welcome, sounds like you'll fit right in. You should check out "Discussion about what to consider on buying a used Newell" here in the forum.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Welcome Aboard Jack. I was an avionics tech in the USN and I'm a car guy too. My current hotrod is a 2012 Screamin Eagle Harley with an S&S 124" kit in it.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

I was an AE in the navy 72-76, was the best experience of my life, I owe everything to the United States Navy.

Gravette, Arkansas

(09-13-2022, 04:52 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  My wife and I retired a few years back and travelled the USA and part of Canada in our 24' airstream interstate, we have put 55k miles on it in 6 years and its been a lot of fun and easy to just get in and go. We have decided to spend 3 months in a warmer climate but the 24' RV is a little to crowded for that amount of time so we have been RV shopping. Newell in Miami is just 50 miles as the bird fly's and we have always admired their coaches and quality so we are shopping for a Newell. 
I'm a gear head at heart and a retired electronic tech so challenges are so of fun for me.

Hi Jack, welcome. 

Did you buy the Newell Coach 296 on the repocast.com auction? 

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

(09-13-2022, 05:34 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  I was an AE in the navy 72-76, was the best experience of my life, I owe everything to the United States Navy.

Jack, thank you for your service.

My husband spoke to you in the FB group, we helped Martin market his coach after looking at it ourselves.  We think it's an amazing coach and exceptional deal.

We were not aware that you previously were in a Class-B.  We've also owned two Leisure Travels and our current Class-B, a Winnebago Trend (which we kept despite buying the Newell).  Being a Winny, we had the interior removed and rebuilt with quality materials, plus several other upgrades.  For that reason, it would be difficult to part with the RV; plus it has one of the most usable, unique floorplans for its tiny size.