You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Valid Slide Seal Plumbing #1482

Jim,

Nice to know your experiment worked! Sometimes all of this clean living pays off.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL until I retire in a few years! Then we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

(01-14-2023, 10:30 AM)Parisjet Wrote:  I remember 40 years ago purchasing a kit where you could make o-rings from lengths of "Buna-N-rubber cord. It had a precise cutter and a V block to ensure that the ends were lined up correctly. There was a special glue Cyanoacrylate adhesive.  Those orings were so tough that you couldn't pull them apart.

I just looked it up and they still sell that kit at NAPA Part #: BK 7701018 Line: Balkamp or on Amazon Loctite 112 O-ring making kit which comes with a cleaning solvent and Locktite 404 glue

Now in my thinking, if you can make o rings from rubber rope material, why cant it work to repair a split in the slide seal?

Loctite 404 442-46551 0.333oz Quick Set Instant Adhesive, Clear Color  $38 on Amazon
L
I'll be looking at that.  The big problem is access.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling