You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leaks and more leaks...

It is amazing how a itsy bitsy teeny weeny leak can deflate a coach. I had a leak I couldn't hear with the line removed from the fitting but didn't want to spray soap down a vertical line into a valve so I put a balloon over the fitting and sure enough after a couple of hours the balloon was expanding. Bad solenoid operated valve leaking through the seat.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

My understanding is there will almost always be the constant chase of leaks. If I touch a fitting, I will replace all in the area leaking or not. If I feel motivated at 74% or higher, then I will replace the air lines as well.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

If you push the Level button once. You are in manual mode for leveling. If you push it twice, it puts the HWH computer in Auto level. In auto level the computer will automatically deflate or inflate air bags to make the coach level. If left in Auto level, and the coach becomes in level, the brain will wake up and attempt to relevel the coach. When it does this, it turns the 120V compressor on.

Here is a tremendously over simplified air system explanation. All air supplied by the 120V compressor and engine driven compressor goes to the brake system first. The brake system consists of two isolated tanks. Those tanks are isolated by the Pressure Protection Valve. If there is zero pressure in any system, all air will go to the brake tanks UNTIL the tanks reach approximately 60 psi, then air will flow into both the brake tank system and the general SUPPLY system.

Everything but the brakes receives air from the Supply system. That includes travel mode, level mode, generator air bags, doors, and potties.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(12-28-2022, 04:20 AM)Richard Wrote:  Here is a tremendously over simplified air system explanation. All air supplied by the 120V compressor and engine driven compressor goes to the brake system first. The brake system consists of two isolated tanks. Those tanks are isolated by the Pressure Protection Valve. If there is zero pressure in any system, all air will go to the brake tanks UNTIL the tanks reach approximately 60 psi, then air will flow into both the brake tank system and the general SUPPLY system.

Everything but the brakes receives air from the Supply system. That includes travel mode, level mode, generator air bags, doors, and potties.
FWIW, The early coaches are apparently plumbed differently than the later models.  My 2014 model 2020P 120VAC compressor air is not plumbed to the main tanks.  That's a subject for a different thread.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling