You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

StabilRide Fault

Yesterday the StabilRide went into a Fault condition 516103  16  CDCAZ Body RR  /High
I was in the Colorado mountains so lots of twisty turnies and ups & downs between Ridgway & Dolores.  Stopped in Rico for a while & the Fault was gone when I started again.

Anyone have any information about StabilRide?  I'd like to be prepared for the next time.  Have not asked Newell yet.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Jim,

The CDC Dampers on our 2015 like to pop up with their complaints now and again. Nothing really sticks permanent though. We feel it's just an error in the communication lines. I'm always suspicious of "low voltage" situations causing these issues.

My error code(s) are:
516114 7 CDC CAN COMM/LOW
516109 5 CDC DAMPER FR 2/LOCURR

I will say that I've recently had a "StabiliRide" warning pop up on my dash, so next service I'm gonna dig a bit deeper on this issue.

Keep us posted on what Newell thinks about your's.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Thanks Steve, those roads were a lot of rock & roll, perhaps that plays into it. I always run in "Comfort" as opposed to "Sport" a term which is out of place with a Coach. I just never think to change it. We'll see if it happens again. My last coach had a similar system and I used "Sport" on mountain roads. It seemed to make a slight difference but 10 years later I don't pay attention....

Jim

Funny you mention “Sport” mode, Jim, because that’s on my list to try and “figure out” if it’s really set up and working as it should.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Occasionally I will receive the following:

516107 5 CDC DAMPER RR 1/LOCURR

It usually is triggered when I am in stop & go traffic.  Perhaps the rocking motion coupled with sudden braking is pulling/pushing a wire or sensor beyond normal.  I just completed a 5,600 mile trip this summer, and this error was active for about 500 of those miles.  I kinda of just live with it as the error usually resets after shutting down for an extended time.

I have not contacted Newell.

Rob
2016 Newell #1536

Good to hear what others have had happen. Mine worked for the next 1000 miles or so without incident.

Jim

Now that I have seen the wire splice on the DEF Heater wires I should figure where the splices are for the StabilRide since it intermittently shows a fault. I'll start with the Right Rear shocks wiring harness.

Jim