You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front Six Pack Travel Mod

Hello Gurus,
We are on a trip in Sherman TX.  Went to leave this morning and the front of the coach would not raise to travel height.  Did a little t/s and will try to articulate what is going on:
  • With the engine running and air pressure at 120 HWH travel light on the front has not come up...back is fine.
  • Air is escaping the front six pack manifold exhaust port.
  • When I try to manually raise the coach I can hear the solenoid activate and more air escape by a factor of two.....coach will not raise.
  • In the travel mode, I could not locate the magnetized travel solenoids.
  • When I activate the dump switch I don't hear any change in the air leak.

Here are the questions; 
  • I looked for a HWH manifold picture identifying the different solenoids in my books and could not find one.....does anyone have a diagram?
  • On the front six pack which two valves should be energized in the travel mode?
  • which one of the valves is the dump valve?

We are safe in a RV park so not on the side of the road situation.

Thank you in advance for the help!
Steve & Doris

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

here is the layout of the valves.  

the picture below

travel are up against the firewall

lower in the middle

raise at the other end

drivers side on the top 

passenger side on the bottom

btw,  i wrote on my manifold with a thick sharpee which was which so i wouldnt have to think

the other thing to do would have been to have someone do the manual raise and lower on the control panel and use the screwdriver magnetic trick to see which one is which.  and if you are just in travel, then the two towards the firewall will be energized.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Update...
Tom McCloud called with some troubleshooting information.......thanks Tom!  Long story short we are up and running at the correct travel height.  Tom, asked if we used auto leveling which we do.  He said that the algorithm for auto level can do wacky things if its stuck in auto level....i.e. trying to dump the front raise the back and visa versa.  I asked how can one force it to go out of auto level.  The stop button is supposed to do that function.  Then.....light bulb moment....from a past HWH control panel function problem that self corrected by disconnecting the panel for 30 seconds....I did just that for a hail Mary try.  Also, Doris could not release the parking brake so she used her foot to push the brake release.  He gave me some other things to try by having Doris activate the dump....raise buttons to check magnetism of the solenoid functions with a steel object, which we did and all valves where at least magnetized.   Most likely the culprit was me doing a soft push on the brake release.  Doris' foot actually sent the valve to the correct seated position thus engaging the proper switches.  Still not sure about stuck in auto level mod but will check it on the next stop.   Than

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL