You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hurricane Ian

Looks like this thing is going to hit us right in the teeth tonight and tomorrow as we are just outside of Punta Gorda, FL.  Reasonably confident that we’ll be ok.  Slides in and coach lowered.  Our casita is built to withstand hurricanes like this.  Will let you know the outcome in a couple days as I am also sure we will lose power in the casita and won’t be back on the coach until all is clear.

Terry Copeland
2007 P2000i

Terry,

Good luck with the hurricane.

Will you leave the coach connected to power…or will you run on batteries? I would think there will be a large number of spikes in the power during the storm. (At least until the utility poles are knocked down).

Be safe and let us know how you fare.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Staying connected to power with my Hughes Power Watch Dog in line. Should be ok.

Thanks.

Terry Copeland
2007 P2000i

Hope all of you Florida owners take cover!! Looks like you're gonna get hit hard

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Checking in here.
We evacuated near Defuniak Springs, FL which is about 100 miles west of Tallahassee and 100 miles east of Pennsacola.
Our house is without electricity, 15" and more of rain so far. Unknown what damage around the house has occured.
The most important news is Natalie and I are out of harms way.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Wow, I hope all of you guys in Florida will be doing fine.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

we have many gurus in florida and i hope that all of you are doing ok. i talked to my cousin a few minutes ago who lives in fort meyers and he had just arrived back at his place and was shocked to see that all he has lost was his carport while the rest of his neighborhood was destroyed.

tom and darlene

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It's amazing how that occurs during these storms! His place still standing and all others gone. For him a blessing.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Finally have power after 8 days! Running generator 14 hours/day and it was flawless.

Terry Copeland
2007 P2000i