You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

120v air compressor running frequency.

I've had to put the air leak on the back burner, we are replacing the air seal around the main cabin slide and repairing the pop up floor mechanicals. It might take a few months to get all the bugs worked out of #504.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

My pump switch is come on at 80 and shut off at 100

My numbers assume living in it and going in and out quite a bit and using the air potties

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

jack, where are you having the slide work done?

tom

Tom,
We had looked at his coach prior to buying ours and that issue was our greatest concern.

For that reason, we're really interested in how the process is going and we keep pestering Jack with questions about the process ;-)

In one of Jack's replies, he mentioned that he was doing it all himself. Fortunately if something goes wrong, he's only 50 miles outside of Miami, OK.

(10-11-2022, 03:12 PM)afrench Wrote:  I was told the rams were hard to come by, so they put a shutoff for the air to mine and would shut it off when not driving. No more leak!
And that is exactly what I am going to do.  Smile

Gravette, Arkansas

Tom I would like to thank you for the thread you had on slide removal and seal replacement. Yes my wife and I are going to do this ourselves we've already dug so deep into it we might as well just finish it. I purchased the seal at Newell last Monday and for anybody would like to know the updated price is $1,628 which includes a new rivnut, adhesive 495-in seal.

We were told when we purchased number 504 that the seal was defective but what led to the demise of the seal was not told, at one point in its life the locking pins were activated while the slide was in motion ripping holes in the ceiling of the slide. We discovered this after we got home and got a ladder tall enough to get on top of the slide. The holes were filled with silicone and an adhesive sealant tape put on the top. But that wasn't good enough to seal off the coach, water intruded in the bottom of the floor of the slide and one of the actuation arms for the pop-up floor had rusted the two hex head screw nuts that hold the actuation arm onto the bracket, thus it stripped out the screws while the hydraulics was trying to move it and the actuation arm came out along with the two screws. They say pictures worth a thousand words. This project has turned into a major ordeal.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gravette, Arkansas

wow, i have a single hole in the roof of my slide, not a rip like you have.

the slide writeup i did is for my 02 and i believe that your 99 will be quite different because they changed how the slide rams are connected. yours should be easier. on yours you will unbolt the end of the ram on the passenger side the rear one by taking the foam roof panel in the bay out (which bay depends on where your door is) and then the other one is under a metal panel on the top of the passenger side front tire wheel well. so you will need the coach raised up. you will need to support the suspension i believe as well. i used 4 20 ton jackstands.

also, the biggest thing to remember is to put the slide seal around the slide before you support the slide to pull it out far enough to change the seal. if you were closer you could come use my slide cart.

you are welcome to call me.

tom

tom

I think I will start a new thread on this subject. You are correct my slide is different, I wish it was like yours. In the photos here you see I rivetted some aluminum plate to the area torn then used body filler to bring it flat again, still have more sanding and filler to apply.

Gravette, Arkansas

Two more critical items.

In the center of the slide, driver side, under a ceillng panel will be the limit switches. Find and remove prior to taking the slide out. Or you will wreck them.

Second check the seam between the roof of the slide and the outside skin. The smallest crack wiil admit water.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Good information Richard, your talking about these two switches.

Gravette, Arkansas