You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

120v air compressor running frequency.

Yes!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard, do you know where the electrical from the coach to the slide is? It must go through one of the guides, does this need to be disconnected on the coach side?

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Tom has commented that his is on the aft end of the slide. Mine, much closer in serial number to you, is on the forward end of slide at the top. It will be in a flexible wire chase.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

it will be very visible once you have the mine is in a valence off. mine is in a flexible wire chase, chain link kinda on mine.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Igus chain is what your describing. Used on cnc machines or anything in motion, good stuff.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(10-18-2022, 03:38 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Igus chain is what your describing. Used on cnc machines or anything in motion, good stuff.

@Jack Houpe - Thank you for confirming this.  I had wondered how Newell was running plumbing in the slide-outs and had a feeling it might be cable-chain carriers (eg Igus or similar).

For those preferring a picture:
[Image: E4_100_2_570.jpg]

Yup. I had to replace mine

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I believe some details have slipped through the cracks.  For the benefit of anyone stumbling on this in the future, I'll try to summarize (please let me know/correct me where wrong):

- Prior to removing the slide-out, you will remove the interior valence (top).
- With the valence removed, you will expose the limit switches located in the center.  Remove those.
- With the valence removed, you will expose the wire chain carrier, it will be adjacent to the edge, either forward/aft.
- The wires don't have a disconnect; one would need to be added. Anderson makes very reliable, high-current disconnects that are the most standard for this purpose.

Tom - Unrelated to this topic, quick question.. 

Since moving the server, I haven't been able to cite usernames, for example @encantotom won't become linked/cited.   This could be coincidence or something on my side, but thought it couldn't hurt to mention. Thank you.

(Edited / Updated)

My wires do not have a disconnect.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

> My wires do not have a disconnect.

Thank you. I wonder what the shop recommends for removing the slide-outs.

My first guess would be to mate-up some adjoining Anderson PP30's or PP50's (or the original SB50's, which would be bulky / less ideal in the slide). It wouldn't take more than 30 minutes to insert a mated set so that you have a clean, keyed, high-current disconnect.