You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Batteries

I will be doing a lithium conversion to our Newell down the road, I did to our class b rv and it was fantastic, I built my own litepo4 battery which gave use 600 ah at 12vdc with a 300A Daly BMS, used victron 3000w inverter charger, had 770 watts of solar with victron mppt solar charger and went 9  days once running everything off the sun. I built a 1 ton inverter heat pump that would run off the panels alone. The Newell has so much real-estate on top of the roof as we to have basement air that you could put a huge solar plant up there.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Absolutely LOVE the enclosure for the mini split on the Van. Very clever to incorporate the Mercedes emblem into the design.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

You might be interested in this device.  Available at Battleborn. 

Intended to keep the engine alternator from overheating because of excessive current output.  Can be used instead of a B2B device.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Wow, Jack, I agree with Richard, that mini-split custom-case is the bees-knees!

How did you go about sealing the cutout that originally accommodated the conventional rooftop AC unit, welding a metal /or/ composite work?

I did something similar with our Leisure Travel and found that welding a steel plate was a very bad idea and went back to use composites (primarily epoxy w/ fiberglass/carbon-fiber)

@bestgenman - I've read about their solution; however, with the alternators used on Newell's and their high-output/cooling even at idle-RPM, I feel like it can be avoided. Worst-case, just isolate with a properly sized DC-DC charger which yields a lot more power because it's on on-for-50%/off-for-50% type of solution; plus it will compensate for other issues, such as a better charging curve/voltage and for those vehicles that use "smart" regulators which (incorrectly) interpret lithium's high-voltage to indicate 100% SoC.