You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AC Overload

Solved my problem thanks to Bill, but wanted to post this in case another newbie had the same issue.

So I was under the incorrect assumption that the switch on the main panel with options for Heat or A/C was for me to decide if I wanted to run the electric burner on the Aquahot or run the A/C.  

So while boondocking had my switch set to A/C and I was using my diesel Aquahot and I turned on the heater and got great heat.  Went to fire up the generator to use the cooktop and all the sudden the fans come on for the A/C…seemed very odd as it was a ton of what felt like cold air. Got done with cooktop, shut off gen and that fan quit blowing.  

Some time later I realize fridge has no power and I go up to inverter controller and see AC Overload.  

Lesson learned…if you need heat it might be a good idea to flip the one and only switch on the panel that says Heat to heat!  Feel kind of dumb, but for some reason I thought that switch was for something else.  

It’s my understanding that if the switch is set to heat and if you’re on shore power or gen that it also is used to power the electric side of Aquahot and the light next to the switch signifies that.

If I got any of the episode of Newell Coach heating for dummies wrong please let me know ?.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

If I told you I never had a sinking feeling something expensive was wrong because of the Aquahot switch I would be lieing to you. I speak for many Gurus here.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

(10-17-2022, 05:35 PM)360 Wrote:  Solved my problem thanks to Bill, but wanted to post this in case another newbie had the same issue.

So I was under the incorrect assumption that the switch on the main panel with options for Heat or A/C was for me to decide if I wanted to run the electric burner on the Aquahot or run the A/C.  

So while boondocking had my switch set to A/C and I was using my diesel Aquahot and I turned on the heater and got great heat.  Went to fire up the generator to use the cooktop and all the sudden the fans come on for the A/C…seemed very odd as it was a ton of what felt like cold air. Got done with cooktop, shut off gen and that fan quit blowing.  

Some time later I realize fridge has no power and I go up to inverter controller and see AC Overload.  

Lesson learned…if you need heat it might be a good idea to flip the one and only switch on the panel that says Heat to heat!  Feel kind of dumb, but for some reason I thought that switch was for something else.  

It’s my understanding that if the switch is set to heat and if you’re on shore power or gen that it also is used to power the electric side of Aquahot and the light next to the switch signifies that.

If I got any of the episode of Newell Coach heating for dummies wrong please let me know ?.
Where did you find that switch? Just looked over my coach 2005 #728 and couldn’t find it anywhere, Picture?

(10-17-2022, 05:35 PM)360 Wrote:  Solved my problem thanks to Bill, but wanted to post this in case another newbie had the same issue.

Where did you find that switch? Just looked over my coach 2005 #728 and couldn’t find it anywhere, Picture?

2005 Mid Entry 600hp Newell
Piper Jetprop 560 HP
Aviat Husky Taildragger
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive
Delorean Turbo Special

It is usually next to the diesel Aquahot switch near the microwave.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

(11-13-2022, 07:17 AM)smagown Wrote:  It is usually next to the diesel Aquahot switch near the microwave.

Thanks for the reply, not on #728, must have changed the system.

2005 Mid Entry 600hp Newell
Piper Jetprop 560 HP
Aviat Husky Taildragger
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive
Delorean Turbo Special