You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Factory Carpet - How is it affixed?

I've found many posts on the forum that discuss replacing carpet.  I haven't found any that mention how the factory-carpet is affixed.

If the answer is unique for different model-lines, we have a 2006 p2000i.

Essentially I'm wondering if it uses tack-strips, adhesive, ...or something I haven't yet imagined?

In addition, are case-goods / wood-fixtures typically installed on top of the carpet, or is the carpet typically butt-up against the fixtures?

Thank you in advance for any insight Smile

I can answer for everyone but ours was stapled to the plywood floor, some places had double back sticky tape which I don't think was factory. It is very high quality carpet, we had some stains from hydraulic fluid and it was either try and clean it or just replace it and cleaned up pretty good.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Jack, thank you, that's very helpful.

Do you know, was the carpet run below fixtures, or did it butt-up to them?

Sidenote - I've read read about your updated progress with the slide. I am astounded how fast you are moving and how talented you are!

Tiffany it was below on the pop up floor and butted up against the bulkhead and other places, it goes under the bed but not under the vanity. I guess it has to do with moving parts of the coach.

Thanks for the compliment, when I start something I want to keep moving till its done and our weather changes quick here in NW Arkansas, 33 this morning and 18 tomorrow then back up to normal this weekend, so I have to get this done before winter sets in.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Only in the mega-production coaches was flooring installed before walls and cabinets were installed

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]

It goes under the bed because the bed slides on it

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

This would be a question for Ernie concerning the carpet under the bed in a Newell.  Do you pull the carpet completely out from under the bed and replace it with the floor you are installing in the rest of the coach?  If so, are there staples or tack strips holding it down?
Thanks, Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

(10-18-2022, 05:32 PM)Latitude 28 Wrote:  This would be a question for Ernie concerning the carpet under the bed in a Newell.  Do you pull the carpet completely out from under the bed and replace it with the floor you are installing in the rest of the coach?  If so, are there staples or tack strips holding it down?
Thanks, Steve
i usually cut the carpet a little under the bed. I make sure it is not visible when installing the new flooring 

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]