You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#480 rear slide inop

If the motor were making no pressure, then the front slide would not move.

So either one of the two solenoids for the rear is defective, or it’s not getting signal to open. Without the solenoid opening, no hyd pressure reaches the ram. Remember, because of the unusual hyd logic, both extend and retract solenoids have to be open for the room to move out.

So find the solenoids, mark the plugs, unplug them, and jam the switch again. Do you have 12V at the connector? If not, then look at the schematic printed on the inside of the HWH cover. Find the board for the rear, and locate the fuses for the rear solenoids. If they are good, then you have a deeper board issue. The boards have relays that can go bad.

Given your previous issues with leveling, I suspect something is going in the control system.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

where should those solonoids possibly be located.  FYI the front slide works perfect, floor drops and slide is 100 % operational.  Only issue is read slide

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

Those are the solenoids in the bay with the pump on the big manifold in the bay in front of the drivers front wheel. They should have labels on the wires

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Well had a chance to look at it again yesterday. so while my assistant (wife) was holding the extend or retract switch in the bedroom. I went to the front in the hwh compartment. The pump motor is running when the switch is pressed into either position ( holding switch). I obesrved the lights on the hwh control board and did notice that the red and amber lights are illuminating when switch is held in proper position. So it seems like as you guys have stated that the hwh solonoids are possibly, most likey the culprit. So her comes a question, there are 8 hwh solonoids. In the diagram if I am correct solonoid 5&6 run the room and 7&8 run the locks. So again I have noticed the locks are not moving and they are in the up position. Possibly all 4 valves have failed ? or is there possibly a check pressure valve that runs those 4. Seems unlikly that all of them would go bad. And please remeber  front slide on this coach works perfectly. Thank you guys for all the help, slowly getting this thing ready to get back on the road but still have a few major repairs.

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides

Take a picture of the diagram you are using with numbers. They mean nothing to me without the diagram. That way we will be on the same page. Thanks.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard , I am using the diagram on page 12 and 13. Sorry took so long to get back with you

Attached Files
.pdf BEST HWH manual.pdf Size: 760.73 KB  Downloads: 7

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides

A Ha!  That is a great reference document, except the layout of the Foretravel hydraulic manifold is different. No way is that going to match what you see when you stare into that bay.

Look at these and see if that matches what you actually have. You will notice on the block with all the solenoids that there is an upper block and lower block. The upper has four solenoids, and the lower has six. The upper is for the bedroom slide. 

I am sorry I could not provide this info while we were on the road. It was home in my files.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Thank you !!!  This is exactly what I have. and I do see there is a check valve in each upper and lower block. now when it stops raining Im going to the coach and begin tryin to figure this out.
Richard, I think your coach and my coach is pretty similar in build .

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides

The solenoid of most concern is the bedroom retract. I know that is counterintuitive because you want the bedroom to extend. But there is a check valve in the cylinder, and if there isn't pressure on the retract line, the cylinder will NOT extend. I tried to move a bedroom out once with a porta power until I learned this.

When you think about it, it's pretty clever. With that style system, if you lose all hydraulic pressure while driving along, the room will not fall out the side of the coach.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad