You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Solar and Lithiums for a happy life/wife

No unistrut. I went to a local solar supply shop (SanTanSolar.com) and they showed me their racking. In fact, all of their stuff is on display in their showroom. Very helpful people. This was all foreign to me. I used K2 solar racking with aluminum mounting feet. They have proprietary mounting clamps for the solar panels. I feel very good about the installation's security. All drilled holes were filled with Dicor before and after along with final coating over entire bolt assembly which is not pictured. I chose this route of racking since I wanted the rain water and dirt to flow normally and not be trapped against strut. Not only that, but if your K2 rails are not exactly straight or in line with one another, it doesn't matter! Installation was so easy and one of the most anxiety causing parts of the job. Took me an afternoon to get the rack done and the following day to get the panels up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Thank you so much for this information. Thanks first class work!

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Simon,

Where did you end up putting your batteries on your coach? I'm looking at 48v 100ah server rack batteries and I was thinking about putting them either in the closet with the victron equipment,which would require me to modify the wall or under the bed.

- Marcus G-R

8V92TA 43.5' 1991 Newell # 258 
Toad 2009 CTS or 2010 Subaru Forester XT on a BigTex open trailer.  

I welded up a rack and mounted 6 server batteries in the bay just forward of the plumbing section. I was trying to get the added weight as far back as I could. Victron equipment is inside the wardrobe closet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

That looks absolutely amazing. Thank you for the reply and the pictures.

- Marcus G-R

8V92TA 43.5' 1991 Newell # 258 
Toad 2009 CTS or 2010 Subaru Forester XT on a BigTex open trailer.