You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is this relay

I love a good who dun it! Thanks for adding to the Newell corpus of knowledge stored here. Now you replace the relay and it stops buzzing?

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Well @kaptain helped and he didn’t even know it. When he was posting pictures of the doughnuts in the electrical breaker box, I notice the white wire w/red stripe and the red wire with white stripe. Hmmmm, looks like Newell was using that color scheme to get the signals for the amp and volt meters from the rear to the front. The relay in question has the red w/White.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Sorry just following up on this, I need to have all my threads inform me by email. I will probably go with a solid state relay, I have some 120vac around the shop someplace. We're still dealing with "What the heck was he thinking!" Everyday I find more and more that has been jury rigged, right now we are in the beginning of winter and need to get the heating situation lined out. Right now its 20 degrees outside. Smile Wife says get rid of old heat pumps, I guess thats the next project.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(11-17-2022, 03:56 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Sorry just following up on this, I need to have all my threads inform me by email. I will probably go with a solid state relay, I have some 120vac around the shop someplace. We're still dealing with "What the heck was he thinking!" Everyday I find more and more that has been jury rigged, right now we are in the beginning of winter and need to get the heating situation lined out. Right now its 20 degrees outside. Smile Wife says get rid of old heat pumps, I guess thats the next project.

Do you have the model and maker of your existing relay?
Without that info, it’s hard to recommend a SSR replacement.
But take a look these, I don’t know which one would work best due to lack of specs on your existing mechanical relay.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

I forgot these SSR are 3-32vdc for the trigger, I guess I'll just unplug it for now till I get my heat situation taken care of.

Gravette, Arkansas

(11-17-2022, 05:09 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  I forgot these SSR are 3-32vdc for the trigger, I guess I'll just unplug it for now till I get my heat situation taken care of.

There are many different versions, some of them, the one shown above on Amazon takes AC 80-250v AC as input trigger.

Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Joe that will work!

Gravette, Arkansas

Heat pumps?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(11-17-2022, 05:30 AM)Richard Wrote:  Heat pumps?

I doubt his ACs have heat pumps on his coach 504.

Yes sir heat pumps, they were installed by Newell in 2009, but not that efficient, I am researching my alternatives now.

Gravette, Arkansas