You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Adjust your Girard Awning to automatically retract in the wind

Gang,

Many of us have a large Girard awning that is supposed to retract when the wind picks up. Mine never has...even in what I thought were strong winds.

Well thanks to Steve B. I was able to adjust mine. Its pretty simple to do.

1) Find Girard control box. Mine was located behind the electric switch panel next to entrance.

2) Take cover off of control box. (4 screws located at the corners). See picture.

3) In center of circuit board is a pot. that controls the wind speed. Mine was set to center range. I turned the pot counter clockwise to minimum position (12mph). See diagram on circuit board.

4) Put it all back together and wait for a breeze!

Cheers,
bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Girard Awnings:  800-382-8442  Immediate access to model numbers and manuals for Newell Coaches that even Newell does not keep on hand

Symantics confusion
  • When I hear "Girard" I think of the Patio Awning-large long awnings on the edge of the roof
  • Girard also supplies Newell with Window Awnings-those that cover an individual window. Post manual Zipdee  are motorized models and may have the name Brustor stamped on the endcaps but apparently supplied by Girard to Newell.  Brustor was bought out by Dometic in the USA market.  Dometic requires the complete model identification number for assistance and response is slow.
  • Girard provided the correct PDF via email, attached, while I was on the phone with them after I told them the vintage of our Newell.

The Girard manual includes service and parts information.

.pdf 2007 Newell Window Awning Manual.pdf Size: 1.77 MB  Downloads: 43

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

(08-11-2021, 12:21 PM)Winegrower Wrote:  Girard Awnings:  800-382-8442  Immediate access to model numbers and manuals for Newell Coaches that even Newell does not keep on hand

Symantics confusion
  • When I hear "Girard" I think of the Patio Awning-large long awnings on the edge of the roof
  • Girard also supplies Newell with Window Awnings-those that cover an individual window. Post manual Zipdee  are motorized models and may have the name Brustor stamped on the endcaps but apparently supplied by Girard to Newell.  Brustor was bought out by Dometic in the USA market.  Dometic requires the complete model identification number for assistance and response is slow.
  • Girard provided the correct PDF via email, attached, while I was on the phone with them after I told them the vintage of our Newell.

The Girard manual includes service and parts information.

Thank you for this information. One of my window awnings self destructed last night. Good to know parts are available…. 

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.