You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide Seal

Anyone having to wait for Slide seals to be available from Newell?

We live 50 miles from Newell, drove over and picked one up about a month ago. Did Morgan say they were out?

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(11-13-2022, 03:43 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  We live 50 miles from Newell, drove over and picked one up about a month ago. Did Morgan say they were out?

Ordered 1,     2 weeks ago. Still has not shipped.

(11-16-2022, 07:30 PM)Kreavet Wrote:  
(11-13-2022, 03:43 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  We live 50 miles from Newell, drove over and picked one up about a month ago. Did Morgan say they were out?

Ordered 1,     2 weeks ago. Still has not shipped.
Is the slide seal "one size fits all"? or do they have different sizes/lengths?

I have 1 or 2 in my storage tray, bought as replacement seals but have not yet installed them because the repair shop I used said they could not do it. I intend to schedule a service appointment with Newell once I have more free time.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

i believe that the seals are all the same size and made for the main drivers side salon slide without cutting (most anyway). for the other slides you would need to cut them and use the stainless plate and adhesive to seal the two ends at the bottom of the slide. what i dont know for sure is if the valid slides use the same seal as the hwh. since the seal is unique to newell i would guess they are the same. i inquired of the company that makes the seals they said it would take a large buy to get them to sell to an individual and that likely it would be cheaper to just buy from newell. i have heard the price of the seal has gone up a great deal in the last few years. i know i paid about 1200 4 years ago.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

712 used hwh seals but newer coaches used cheaper valid seals, I know because they quoted me the Valid price then told me I needed the more expensive HWH seal

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

Seal ordered 11-3. received 11-17.