You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New LG mini split heat pump on the way

Forest I just ordered it! Let me see if I can cancel the order.

Just sent the please cancel order, will keep you in touch. Was yours for DD series 60? I apologize for not reading it correctly or follow the link to the top of the page.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

VMSpc will work with almost all Diesel engines with an engine computer. You can download the software at https://silverleafelectronics.com//?page_id=764
If you have any questions setting it up just ask here and others will guide you through hooking it up and setting up the software.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Jack, 

The fuel senders that match the VDO gauge are no longer available through the usual sources. I have been trying to get one for months, the vendors just tell me back order and no delivery date. 

I have found a different vendor that appears to use a more robust technology. I have a request into them to obtain pricing and delivery. There standard sender uses a different OHM scale for MT to Full than the VDO takes. I will let you know when I hear something. 

You will love the VMSPc, although it will not give you fuel level. It will allow you to pretty accurately measure the fuel you burn, so keeping up with tank level is not that hard until you get the sender fixed.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

My VMSPc tracks fuel burn almost to the ounce on a 175 to 225 gallon fuel burn. My tank just runs the 8V92. Generator is on a separate tank.

Richard have you ever used a capacitance probe instead of the resistor type, they come in various lengths and can be cut to fit they have no moving parts and very stabile reading. I built a experimental plane and used these in the wing and main tanks, also used them on a GT40 I built. CCjohnson I will use the vmsp I got from Forest till I return home and fix the fuel sender unit, my list is so long I have to prioritize my projects.

https://pitstopusa.com/i-23978127-atl-fu...VoQAvD_BwE

Gravette, Arkansas

I have not, but I am familiar with the concept from playing around with Arduino to measure levels.

The existing VDO gauge takes a 0 ohm full, 90 ohm MT signal. KUS will make that probe in their line up that uses an external float and internal reed switches.

But I will look into what it would take to retrofit a capacitance based probe.

The existing VDO probe is one of those with an internal float to the tube and resistance wires.

The probe is quite a challenge to change with the tank in situ.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

If I can remember correctly there is a full adjustment on the probe itself, it's been a long time but they work with regular resistive type gauges.

Gravette, Arkansas

I know this thread is over but we have been living in our coach now since January 1 and want to report on the heat air system and my thoughts of what I would do differently. The art mini splits are wonderful, they are dead silent and the people around us have asked how we have been warm or cool without an AC unit, I showed one guy the compressors in the bay and it was running and he said that was impossible because it was so quite so I took him inside and he was amazed he never turns his roof airs off on his Tiffin and if he did it would be hard to catch up again and its not even hot outside yet.

The only issue we have is the thermostats, the manual thermostat I have for the evaporator unit over the refrigerator needs to be in the galley area not in the salon area, just a few feet would make it more precise in temp control. The remote controls are a issue, one for the evaporator in the front and one for the bedroom evaporator if you leave one laying in the window or on top of the granite it will send a false signal to the evaporator unit, you will be freezing or burning up, I thought the evaporators would measure the return air temp and the remote was just for the adjustment of temp and on off but it actually is what measures the inside temp and leaving it in an area that is exposed to sun or cold will throw the unit off. I believe its possible to put manual thermostats on the other two evaporators then use the remote just to change temp and on off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gravette, Arkansas

You should be able to wire in wall mounted thermostats. I put an LG 3 ton system with ceiling cassette in my garage and didn’t care for the handheld remote. LG does make a hardwired t-stat that plugs into the evaporator section.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I believe probably that's my next step I have one hardwired thermostat but that's for the evaporator over the refrigerator. They called them simple wired thermostat, after you read the instructions there anything but simple. Haha!

Gravette, Arkansas