You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rain water leaks - 75 classic

I need to warn you, the first time you pull the trigger on the pneumatic riveter you will think “why did I wait so long”. I have the HF job and it has worked great. You can play around with air pressure to it if you are concerned about too hard of a squeeze. Although, the strength of the stem in the rivet is primarily in charge of the squeeze. Translation, you will get a much harder squeeze with a stainless rivet than you do with an aluminum rivet. I may be overthinking this, but I tend to stay with aluminum rivets on the coach for this reason, and to avoid any galvanic corrosion issues.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

If I remember correctly I used the magna lock protruding head blind rivets when I redid the door. I worked them over a bit with a file once they were installed. They blended in nicely once they were primed and painted.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thanks Dean - looks like I'm going to need a bunch from checking just the gutter trim - like most of these projects plan for three times as many at least.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

The project was moving forward on my days off - then the cold snap came to Tulsa - reminds me of Michigan without all the snow. I ended up using some sealed 3/16 aluminum rivets I bought off Amazon with my new lithium powered rivet gun - wow my new favorite tool. Once my ordered shaved rivets come I may need to replace these. We'll see how the rest of this goes. I believe the gutter trim is stainless steel - had to do some work to get it straightened out but turned out good. I put butyl tape behind it as a secondary seal just in case. I think the new windows will end up being the fix for the major water issues. Time will tell. I think the front and back trim where the fiberglass meets the aluminum will be next. I'll post the old window parts on the site for free if anyone wants to try using them. Most of the glass has cracks and before I bought the new replacements I replaced the seals so I'd recommend just recycling them. But hey if someone wants them and is will to pick them up in Sand Springs, Oklahoma "just outside of Tulsa" more power to them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea