You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tale of Two Tires

Had the chance to preview an RV (not a Newell) with a family member looking to purchase.  The front tires happened to be smaller but the same manufacture as what we have on our Newell, albeit, made 30 weeks apart with a date code 1816 in the same year. The history of the previewed RV....stored outside, no wheel covers and used several time`s a year.   Our coach's history, that we acquired at the end of 2018 with the front tires date code of 4816.....the PO stored it outside 2017 & 2018 with no covers.  Once we owned the coach, we use it several times a year, stored it out side 2019 & 2020 with no covers then moved it inside late 2020 and I check tire pressures at least monthly and service accordingly.  Also I apply "303 Aerospace Protectant" to the tires monthly.  Take a look at these images of the previewed coach's tires....

And now our tires.....

Having said all this in order to get to my point of this post.  The difference, I believe, is the monthly application of 303 and servicing tires.  We are about to replace our front tires on the coach with a date code of 4816 with virtually no weather checking on the tires.  Needless to say the new tires will get the same treatment.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Big difference, that's good to know. Thanks for the share.
Which 303 product did you use? the "303 Aerospace Protectant", or the "303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating", or some other 303?

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

I use the "303 Aerospace Protectant".

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thats a great comparison!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312