You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Crazy Weather

Forest I'm plugged into 50amp 220v from the garage, we have plenty juice.

Bill are you talking about the 12v compressor in the aquahot compartment? My 120v compressor is mounted to the generator in the front. Didn't think about condensation in the lines, good point!

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Jack,
I was talking about the 120V compressor which is often mounted below passenger. I am not sure how you could keep genny bay warm. Maybe there is a place to mount a small heater that would not get tangled up with generator.

In 653, there was a small heater mounted above the AH (near the 12V air pump). It kept the bay nice and toasty.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Jack:

If the air compressor line freezes, they make an air brake line antifreeze that I used in sub zero temps in CO. I took the line off at the engine compressor and poured it in. Let it sit a while then cranked the Detroit. If it is still frozen, the pop off on the air drier will cycle and sounds like a shotgun going off.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Bill I have that same heater in the aquahot area and it works, also I think another one on the water side. I can put a heat lamp on the compressor. Steve I'll check for that stuff but doubt its going to be around here, these temps are not normal, a blue northern that comes through here will get to 0 F which is normal for this area.

Went to the hardware when they first opened today and bought the last bit of pipe wrap they had for our pool equipment room, everyone is scrambling so I hope the weather guys are wrong.

Gravette, Arkansas

Question:  Cold snap is coming. Should I put a 75 watt bulb in the 120vac compressor bay or hookup my HF compressor to shop air & rely on that for next 72 hours. Even here in Del Rio it plans to get into the teens!
Thx for your thoughts.

Ken and Pam Cameron
Newell #566, 2000 Newell 45 with 3 slides
Tow 2017 Ford Cmax Energi Hybrid

Question:  Cold snap is coming. Should I put a 75 watt bulb in the 120vac compressor bay or hookup my HF compressor to shop air & rely on that for next 72 hours. Even here in Del Rio it plans to get into the teens!
Thx for your thoughts.

Ken and Pam Cameron

(12-22-2022, 08:07 AM)Highlander4744 Wrote:  Question:  Cold snap is coming. Should I put a 75 watt bulb in the 120vac compressor bay or hookup my HF compressor to shop air & rely on that for next 72 hours. Even here in Del Rio it plans to get into the teens!
Thx for your thoughts.
Are you living in it?  If not I would just shut the compressor off.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Yes. We are winter texans.

Ken and Pam Cameron

I think I will turn my compressor off, we are not living in it, the salon seal stays pumped up for days but the bedroom bleads down after 24hours but not completely flat. Its 11 right now and will be 0 before 4 pm and then we go into the negative from there on out. I'm still working inside, got the heat pumps set at 65 and they are working their butts off.

Gravette, Arkansas

Stay warm Jack. Below zero isn’t a whole lot of fun. 
Here in Del Rio the overnight forecast is for the teens. 
We have battened down the hatches and fired up the Aquahot. 
Happy Holidays.

Ken and Pam Cameron